Monday 18 January 2016

25 Word Pitch/Reflection.

Organisation/Time management

From this first section of work required for my coursework I have learned what is necessary to keep up with the demand of work. I printed off a copy of the schedule to allow myself to tick things off on the list when I'd completed them, this helped me manage the tasks I had to complete. I decided which tasks I wanted to approach first, then worked my way through them, I began with the preliminary task of making a title page and a contents page for a school magazine to give myself an idea of what I would be doing later on in the course.

Research/Planning

I used my teachers blogs and students blogs from previous years as a source of information, they helped me understand what was expected me during this course and act as guidelines to help me achieve during this course. I have completed my own research on what is necessary to create a successful magazine and I have also researched the genre of music I have decided to use for my magazine to broaden my knowledge of everything associated with it.

Technology

During this section of the course I have been required to use Photoshop to make my title page/contents page in the preliminary task, I have also used it for a couple of the other tasks listed on the schedule. As a beginner at using photoshop I think I picked up the basics relatively quickly, however I am yet to understand the more advanced tools which I aim to be able to use when it comes to making my magazine. I have also had to learn how to use more websites such as Blogger which I already had knowledge of, I have learned how to customise my blog and really make it my own. I have also used other programs such as; Spotify, Soundcloud, Paletton, DaFont etc...





25 Words:
  • 14-30               Target Market
  • Predominantly male
  • £3.99               Price
  • Monthly             Frequency   
  • Distinctive         
  • Unique              Different to most music
  • Varied era's        Fashion changed, music followed trend
  • Particular taste
  • Particular market   Fits into a specific market  
  • 3 colour palette    Effective use of colour
  • Optimistic          
  • Interesting         Making my magazine different
  • Red
  • White
  • Black

2 comments:

  1. Joe, I like your ideas for your magazine as you have gone for a different style to the majority. Because of the niche market, you should receive a large audience as it is a popular genre and style of music. I think that you should definitely promote the use of fashion in your magazine as I think it would match the current style. The use of varied era's will also be good as it will attract audiences of all ages, especially those in you target age bracket. To improve, are you going to concentrate on new music with a section for old music, or the other way round? Or will it evenly divided?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete